- About Jim
- 45th District
- Legislative Services
- How Can I Help
Pennsylvania Hunting Licenses On Sale Now
On June 10, 2014
Harrisburg, June 10, 2014 – State Sen. Jim Brewster announced today that hunting and fur-taker licenses for Pennsylvania’s 2014-15 seasons are on sale now.
Licenses can also be purchased through more than 600 issuing agents; a list of issuing agents is available on the Game Commission’s website.
The 2014-15 hunting and fur-taker licenses are effective July 1, when the licenses that now are valid expire; the new licenses are valid through June 30, 2015.
Please note that county treasurers will begin accepting antlerless license applications July 14 from state residents.
Also, please note:
• Changes to the schedule for landowners to enroll properties in the Deer Management Assistance Program should result in all DMAP permits being available when licenses first go on sale;
• Hunters holding senior lifetime hunting or fur-taker licenses must pick up new licenses and harvest tags;
• Now-valid permits for shooting ranges at state game lands expire June 30, and new permits need to be purchased for range use on and after July 1;
• July 31 is the new, earlier deadline to apply for a 2014 elk license; and
• Hunters purchasing licenses early might not be able to immediately get a 2014-15 Pennsylvania Hunting & Trapping Digest. However, the publication is posted on the agency’s website here, and hunters may pick up the booklet from issuing agents after they are delivered.