- About Jim
- 45th District
- Legislative Services
- How Can I Help
Brewster: Senior Expo to be Held Thursday in New Kensington
On March 25, 2014
McKeesport – March 25, 2014 – State Sen. Jim Brewster (D-Allegheny/Westmoreland) today reminded area residents that he is holding a senior expo in New Kensington this Thursday, March 27 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Sons of Italy club.
The Sons of Italy club is located at 1010 Fifth Avenue. The services and screenings that will be available at the expo include:
- Flu and pneumonia shots;
- Cholesterol and glucose testing;
- Heel scan screenings for osteoporosis;
- Blood pressure screenings;
- Height and weight measurements;
- Balance Screening, assessment and grip strength testing;
- Take home colon cancer screening tests will be provided.
Brewster is hosting the senior expo along with Allegheny Valley Hospital, which is part of the Allegheny Health Network.
“Any senior in the area can come to the expo to receive services, screenings and information,” Brewster said. “I encourage seniors to attend and look forward to meeting local residents who come to the expo.”