- About Jim
- 45th District
- Legislative Services
- How Can I Help
Brewster Partners with Greater Pittsburgh, Westmoreland County Food Banks to Expand Reach
On January 30, 2019
McKeesport – January 30, 2019 – State Sen. Jim Brewster (D-Allegheny/Westmoreland) announced today that he has partnered with the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank and the Westmoreland County Food Bank to reach more citizens in need.
“We’ve joined with area food banks to expand information availability and develop greater access to food for those in need,” Brewster said. “Information about the food banks and locations of their services in our district are on our website and staff at my permanent and satellite offices will help facilitate contact.”
Brewster said that in addition to the information portals on his website and direct contact with food bank clients at his district offices, he is planning on having outreach services at Produce to People (via the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank) and Operation Fresh (Westmoreland County Food Bank) events. These events provide direct access to fresh produce.
Earlier this week, Brewster announced a significant expansion of his satellite district office hours. The food bank information will be at the following venues at these days and times:
- North Braddock Municipal Building, 600 Anderson Street, North Braddock
Every Monday, 9 am-4 pm;
- Turtle Creek Borough Building, 125 Monroeville Avenue, Turtle Creek
Every Tuesday, 9 am-4 pm;
- North Versailles Township Building, 1401 Greensburg Avenue, North Versailles
Every Wednesday, 9 am-4 pm;
- Lower Burrell City Hall, 2800 Bethel Street, Lower Burrell
2nd Tuesday of each month, 1 pm-4 pm;
- Elizabeth Twp. Municipal Building, 522 Rock Run Road, Elizabeth
2nd Tuesday of each month, 1 pm-4 pm.
- Allegheny Twp. Municipal Building, 136 Community Building Road, Leechburg
Every Monday and Tuesday, 9 am − 4 pm;
- Vandergrift Municipal Building, 109 Grant Avenue, Vandergrift
Every Wednesday and Thursday, 9 am − 4 pm;
- Forward Twp. Municipal Building, 1000 Golden Circle, Elizabeth
2nd Tuesday of every month, 9 am − noon;
- Human Services Center Corp.,413 Penn Avenue Ext., Turtle Creek
1st Thursday of every month, 1 pm − 4 pm.