- About Jim
- 45th District
- Legislative Services
- How Can I Help
Brewster: More than $500,000 Approved for Local Recreation Projects
On September 17, 2019
Harrisburg – Sept. 17, 2019 – State Sen. Jim Brewster (D-Allegheny/Westmoreland) today said he is pleased that more than $500,000 in state grant funding was approved for an array of recreation projects in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties.
“Our ability to help local communities improve their recreation and public spaces is significantly bolstered by funding that is brought back from Harrisburg,” Brewster said. “These new dollars for the enhancement of recreation projects in both Allegheny and Westmoreland counties will improve the quality of life in our communities.”
Funding was approved for park and recreation projects in Port Vue, Baldwin, Plum, Elizabeth and North Versailles in Allegheny County. Vandergrift and Lower Burrell in Westmoreland County also received state funds for park and pool rehabilitation projects.
The grants were made available through the Commonwealth Financing Authority’s Act 13 program funds. The following program dollars were approved in this round of funding for projects in Brewster’s district in Allegheny County:
- Port Vue Borough Port Vue Athletic Association Recreation Building $53,763
- Baldwin Borough Elm Leaf Park Improvements $50,000
- Plum Borough Logan’s Ferry Park Improvements $150,000
- Elizabeth Borough Streetscape, Riverfront Park Improvements $50,000
- North Versailles Crestas ball field lighting $50,000
In the Westmoreland County portion of Brewster’s district, funding for the following projects were approved:
- Lower Burrell Veterans Central Park Improvements $50,000
- Vandergrift Borough Pool Renovation $165,313
Brewster said that while he is pleased that these grants were approved, he will continue to seek other resources for communities through other state programs.