- About Jim
- 45th District
- Legislative Services
- How Can I Help
Brewster Announces Free Senior Expo in McKeesport
On September 30, 2014
Free health care screenings available
McKeesport – Sept. 30, 2014 – A senior expo featuring free health screenings, services and the distribution of health-related materials is set for Friday, October 3rd from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the McKeesport Palisades 100 Fifth Avenue in McKeesport, state Sen. Jim Brewster (D-Allegheny/Westmoreland) announced today.
“All seniors are invited to this event to access free health screenings and tests,” Brewster said. “Seniors will also have the opportunity to ask questions and obtain information from various state, local, county, private health and senior-related agencies.”
Some of the screenings and services available at the Senior Expo will be:
- Flu shots (Free with Medicare B. Bring Medicare Card and Forbes Hospital will bill your Medicare carrier. Non-Medicare patients should be prepared to pay a $25 fee at the time of vaccination)
- Hearing Screenings via the Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf Mobile Diagnostic Unit
- Thermography Spinal Screenings
- PA Department of Military and Veterans Affairs Mobile Veterans Services Unit
- Osteoporosis Screening and Vision Screening by Mon Valley Providers Council
- Blood pressure screenings
- Massage Therapy
In putting the Senior Expo together, Brewster teamed up with Forbes Hospital and Highmark.
“These free events are an opportunity for seniors to get some screenings, obtain information on health issues and ask questions,” Brewster said. “I hope plenty of seniors join us for the event.”
Brewster has held other Senior Expos and town meetings throughout his senate district for the last several years.